Getting Figgy With It Pizza Recipe
By April 26, 2012Published:
The winner of our 2012 Make Your Own Pizza Contest, by Gina V. The contrast of the hot crust with the arugula and prosciutto make this pizza very tasty, as well as the sweetness from the figs and saltiness of the prosciutto. Delicious!
- 10 figs skin left on, cut into quarters
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- caramelized onion
- goat cheese
- balsamic glaze/reduction
- ZINC pizza crust
- Cut the stems and bottoms off of 10 figs. The skin can be left on.
- Cut each fig into quarters and place in a sauce pan.
- Put enough water in to cover the bottom of the pan and turn the heat on medium. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes and add a teaspoon of sugar and a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Place mixture in a food processor to make the spread.
- Spread fig spread over crust.
- Scatter caramelized onions on top of figs.
- Put goat cheese on top of onions and drizzle with a balsamic glaze/reduction.
- Bake pizza.
- Top with prosciutto and arugula.
- Course: Entrée
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress