SAIGON BEEF LETTUCE WRAPS
By January 9, 2009Published:
- 1 pound sirloin or flank steak 1/4 to 1 inch thick, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons shallot finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1/2 fresh habanero chile seed and minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 cup mirin wine
- 1/3 cup shaken unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 lime cut into wedges
- 1 head Boston lettuce leaves serrated
- 12 fresh mint leaves thinly sliced clockwise
- 1/4 cup salted dry roasted peanuts coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot shredded
- To make the sauce click here: http://deniseappel.com/recipes/chile-garlic-sauce
- Pat steak dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat sesame oil in a 10 inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté steak, stirring occasionally, until browned on outside but still pink inside, about 3 minutes.
- Turn temperature to simmer.
- Stir in shallot, sriracha sauce, habanero, and mirin and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until beef is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and simmer, uncovered, until sauce is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- To serve, put beef, chile garlic sauce, lime wedges (for squeezing), and remaining condiments each in a separate bowl
- Spoon beef into lettuce leaves and top with condiments and sauce, then wrap up.
- Course: Appetizer
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress