Market Menu Vanilla Rhubarb with Cardamom Cream and Pistachios
By July 13, 2012Published:
A delicious summer dessert from our local Market Menu!
- 1 1/4 pounds rhubarb tops and bottoms cut off, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 vanilla bean split lengthwise
- 6 green cardamom pods
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup crème fraiche
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Toss the rhubarb and sugar in a medium pot.
- Add the white wine.
- Use a knife to scrape the seeds from the vanilla pods into the pot, save the pod for another use.
- Place the pot over medium-low heat and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rhubarb is very tender but not overcooked, about 15 minutes
- Set aside to cool.
- Smash the green cardamom pods, discard the husks and pound the seeds in a mortar and pestle or spice grinder until finely ground.
- Add the sugar to the mortar mix thoroughly.
- Combine the crème fraiche, heavy cream, and cardamom sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, whip until fluffy and the cream holds soft peaks.
- To assemble the parfait use 4- 8-ounce glasses for individual parfaits or a large glass bowl for full presentation.
- Layer the rhubarb and whipped cream and top with chopped roasted and salted pistachios.
- Cover the parfaits or large bowl and let chill in the fridge for an hour or so before serving.
- Contact email@example.com for more information on recipes.
- Course: Dessert
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress